Kids learning programming

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Fri Jul 13 01:37:28 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 09:54:52PM -0700, Lorie Obal wrote:
> In particular, I'm looking for Java related material (I don't even want to
> hear it from the Perl die-hards) to present as awards to promote the
> concept that excellence really is rewarded sometimes and to make the
> others wish they'd paid more attention in classes that involved thinking
> before they spend the next 20 years bagging groceries at Safeway.
>

> Any ideas?

Ask O'Reilly...  They seem reasonably willing to give away damaged or
returned books to a good cause, especially local stuff.  Somebody here
probably knows who the right person at O'Reilly to ask is...
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell