file sharing

Leif Ryge yuri329 at sonic.net
Sun Jun 3 20:27:48 PDT 2001

Hello -

I'm new to this list, and to linux itself.
Hopefully I'll be able to attnd the next nblug meeting!

Anyway, here's my question:

I have a redhat 6.2 machine with two ethernet cards running as an IP
masquerading gateway between my DSL line and a small lan in my home.

I'd like to have the linux box also run as a file server, since it will
soon have a large hard drive in it. The machines on my network are macs
and wintel boxes (98 on one and win2k on two others), so I need to work
with that. From what I've read it sounds like nfs would be eaiser to setup
than samba, but I really don't exactly know what I'm doing. Can I make nfs
work with a mixed-platform network, or do I need samba for that?

Any sugestions would be apprecieated!

	-leif