ISPs/high speed access in Sonoma County

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Sat Jun 16 12:08:58 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 10:50:53PM -0700, Jeff Miller wrote:
} It's likely I'll be relocating to Sonoma County in the next few months,
} and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions on ISPs or esp.
} on high speed access.  My possible destinations include Sebastopol, Santa
} Rosa, possibly Cotati or Penngrove.

I'll also recommend Sonic.net.  They give you a static IP, pac bell
doesn't.  For now Sonic doesn't use PPPoE, you get a "bridged"
connection or something like that, but PacBell is trying to change that.

Sonic is very friendly to users running servers and will setup DNS and
reverse DNS for a $30 one time fee.  Their mail and newservers are very
good.  Pac Bell's suck.  It does cost more, but it's worth it.

   E Frank Ball                efball at efball.com