I made a mistake... (wireless Linksys 802.11b PCI for less than $50?- Wrong.)

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu Mar 15 19:46:08 PST 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Paul wrote:
> To Mr. Dugan:  Per your inquiry about any volunteer interest in getting a
> community antenna project (oops, intentional pun approach...) off the ground:
> I'm interested, please keep me posted.  Usually  we know how busy our weekends
> are by Thurs. or Weds., so if you know/post before then if a weekend project
> is coming, then I'll often know if I'll be able to help, or still have room to
> factor some time in.

Oh! Sorry, I was not one of the people that gave the demonstration of the
wireless project with "nocat". I was an audience member that made a
comment about the availability of 802.11b wireless ethernet as a fully
integrated PCI card from Linksys for less than $50. This statement made as
an audience member was wrong, so my announcement was to clarify that I
made a mistake.

http://nocat.net/
is a place to go for more info on participating in their project.

(This is not my site, but is being run by the two members that gave the
demonstration.)

I seem to recall one guy was named Rob, and the other guy Schuyler (sp?)