Update: This penguin walks on a bed of blue screens of death!

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:16:39 PDT 2001

In my most recent message, I said that I had installed wmconfig on the
netbooting workstation and that I would get a working "Programs" menu in
FVWM2 when I tried it again.  When I got back today, I found that it had the
"Programs" menu, but none of the GNOME of KDE programs were listed in it.
That's a serious problem, because I was hoping that the users would have
easy access to AbiWord, KOffice, Konqueror, and some other GNOME/KDE
programs without having to run GNOME/KDE (remember, only 64MB of RAM!).
Most of the other programs don't seem to measure up (imagine using Emacs to
write an essay for an English class), and typing the program name into an
XTerm is not considered easy access.

I don't want everyone to have to learn Emacs in order to write a simple
essay, and I don't want anyone to suffer through Netscape's bloat and
defects, and I don't want to force anyone to use a shell to do anything, so
is there a way to make FVVM2 show the GNOME and KDE menus?