Help with my desktop

Jake Jake at callatg.com
Wed Oct 17 23:05:56 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I have a huge desktop system that I want to install linux.
I was thinking that Redhat would be a good start for me.
The other linux machine I have is a laptop and I use it all the time for
stuff but I really want my primary operating system to be

I have this as a basic hardware list:

Dual headed ATI Raedon VE (agp)
(on board sound) VIA AC'97 Audio Controller
ide ata/66 card (pci) Promise Technology Inc. Ultra66 IDE Controller
scsi card (pci) Adaptex AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller
ethernet card (pci) Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (v 1.0)

Motherboard:

Micro System International K7T Pro (MS-6330)

plextor 12x cdrw
toshiba dvd rom
kenwood 72true x
an iomega scsi zip drive
30 gig ide
40 gig ide
20 gig ide
8 gig ide <-- want to install onto this

a hand spring delux (with usb cradle)
an epson 850z digital camera (connects via usb)
a scsi scanner Cannon CanoScan FB1200s
USB intelli mouse explorer (optical five button with scroll whell)

I am working on making a huge inventory of my system so I have everything
about my system down to the firmware of all my devices.

But I am looking for advice on what I should do about my video card.
Its dual headed with no driver support from ATI for linux.
I really dont want to have to stay with windows as my primary workstation
OS.

Should I just sell my video card and get two different supported cards?

Or is it possible to run rehat on this system?

I really want a nice desktop linux box.

Any Ideas?
Any suggestions?

-