More mirror stuff...

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Fri Oct 26 20:35:56 PDT 2001

(We're *still* getting RH 7.2 properly mirrored over, but I'm fairly
confident that's just extras and you can definitely grab the ISOs safely and
probably even go in, download the .img files and install over the net using
our mirror)

For those of you that use the Ximian GNOME distribution and use Red Carpet,
I discovered something quite nice...

I've only tried this on a Red Hat 7.1 (i386) machine, but this should work
the same on debian-potato-i386 and redhat-62-i386, AFAIK.

Edit /var/lib/redcarpet/mirrors.xml
Place this in it:
<mirror
        name="North Bay Linux Users Group"
        location="Santa Rosa, CA, USA"
        url="http://mirror.nblug.org/Ximian/"
/>

(someplace in between the others that look kinda like that)

Go to Settings/Preferences/Mirror and select the North Bay Linux Users Group
mirror.  Click OK.  You might want to exit red-carpet and start it up again
to see if everything works right.

I get almost 80KB/s which is *far* better than the 4KB/s I was getting with
the default Ximian mirror.
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell