Rh 7.2 install=missing inbox

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 17:45:34 PST 2001

I tried KMail for a half-day, but had no luck with LDAP. Any
suggestions? Until then, I'm stuck on Netscape. and StarOffice 5.2 is
right out for mail...

MIke

--- Lincoln Peters <lincoln_peters at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You should dump Netscape.  Netscape does all kinds of things that
> don't make
> any sense.  Try Mozilla Mail or KMail instead.
>

> >From: lynn sears <lynn at itsquick.com>
> >To: <talk at nblug.org>
> >Subject: Rh 7.2 install=missing inbox
> >Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:07:32 -0800
> >
> >  I hope this is the correct list--I installed RH 7.2 and got a
> couple
> >different modems
> >to go and I use netscape messenger to get mail. After setting my
> >preferences as
> >both root and user and having messenger perform normally ie send and
> >receive, etc,,
> >after a reboot I am unable to open up messenger ---I get a error
> message
> >that says
> >"cannot open messenger default inbox does not exist you will not be
> able to
> >see new
> >messages".  Anyone have any ideas???  I can reboot and go back
> reconfig
> >preferences
> >and collect mail but it disappears on reboot and I have to go
> through the
> >whole thing
> >again.  I guess I could bail on netscape and use some other mail
> program
> >but I would
> >like to know what went wrong.  Thanks...Lynn

=====
___shaving weekly with Occam's Razor___
Visit the Northern California Church of Freethought
at http://www.geocities.com/nccof ...Think for Yourself!