Beneficial talk RedHat vs Debian...

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Apr 1 16:09:36 PST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 05:54:34PM -0600, Warren Raquel wrote:
}
} The only difference between Server and Workstation are the packages it
} installs. If you want the exact list just hop on the CD and look at
} RedHat/base/comps. Look for the Workstation Group and compare it to the
} Server Group. I agree, go custom. I just use a kickstart script to install
} my servers with the packages I want. Done in 10 minutes. Love it.

The problem is if you select "workstation" or "server" the Redhat
installer tries to be really helpful and do the disc partioning and
other things for you.  It was pretty amusing at one of our install fests
when it decided to use somebodys zip drive as a swap partition.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com