FTP..

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Apr 3 10:18:12 PST 2002

 From the ncftp prompt type    set passive on
See if you can do an ls then.....

What kernel are you using?, firewall rules code? exclusion ruleset or
inclusion ruleset.  Stock 7.2 used 2.4.7-something or another I believe
which still supports ipchains, when it went to 2.4.9 support for ipchains
gave way to iptables.

See man ncftp and ~/.ncftp/prefs as a work around by setting the passive=
ENV variable for the client.  Not a fix but a work around..... until you
solve the kernel/firewall issue.