Crossover Office 1.2 - Add Quicken

troy fryman at sonic.net
Sun Aug 11 14:53:04 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 09:17:27AM -0700, Mark Street wrote:

> I am distributing Knoppix 3.1 CD's at SRJC 3rd floor computer lab when the
> semester starts.  I have burned 18 so far using arson a nice KDE gui.  I
> have alerted all faculty and staff that something new is going to be there
> to try out, OpenOffice, Mozilla, Kmail, etc....  Easy to try, runs from a
> CD no worries.

That's very cool.  Knoppix looks like an interesting demo.  Is it something
one could actually use to get work done?  I mean, does it mount your existing
partitions?  Where does it store user prefs?  I guess the 2k/XP crowd is SOL
with their ntfs's  I'll be interested to hear if you get any converts coming
back hungry for more...

-ta