Configuring SCSI CD-ROM drives

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 12:51:44 PDT 2002

I just picked up a used CD rack with 7 CD-ROM drives, all daisy-chained
together using SCSI.  I have hooked it up to a SCSI controller that
successfully identified all 7 CD-ROM drives, but now that I have the SCSI
controller configured on my RedHat 7.3 box, I can't figure out how to access
the drives!

I checked /proc/scsi/scsi, and the only thing listed is my CD-RW (which used
the ide-scsi driver).  No mention of any other SCSI devices.  Anyone know
what I should be doing?  Could the ide-scsi driver be conflicting with the
other SCSI driver?