Revolution OS showing (fwd)

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Aug 21 14:37:55 PDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> I'd be willing to organize a few folks to be pointers for folks when they
> get to the library in an effort to direct them to the correct room.
>
> Any interest in a service like this, or anyone willing to help direct folks?
>
> Mike - do you know if there are any electronic floorplans for the library?

I'm glad you asked!

Maps of library:
http://libweb.sonoma.edu/about/maps.html

>From the above. Our previous meeting location was on "first floor
south" but this is NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.

Where you want to go:
Enter the library through the main enterance.

If you walk in from the first floor, then go to the second.

If you alk up the ramp to the second floor enterance, then proceed to the
next step.

Walk from the north section of the library (where both the main enterance
and second floor enterances are locatedd) to the south part of the second
floor location. (You would be entering the top left middle location shown
by the map at the URL below, walking down the wide walkway separating the
"Studay Area" on your right (west) from the "CMS Training Room
2007" on your left (east).

The media room(s) in the library to view a film on a rather "large" HDTV
are on "second floor south"
http://libweb.sonoma.edu/about/secondsouth.html

The orientation of the map in the above URL's content is roughly oriented
such that the bottom of the map is south.

You can see "Group Viewing Room 2015B" and "Viewing Room 2015A" along the
bottom of map. People should enter from the door in "Viewing Room
2015A" so that late arrivals won't interrupt the presentation with bright
lights from the library.

We can turn the lights off in 2015B, and leave a few lights "on" on 2015A
for people who come later so they can adjust their eyes to the new light.

You can follow the plans for parking. Parkingon East Cotati Ave. (where
there are no "No Parking" signs should be legal. Some people also choose
to park in the Taco Bell parking lot, or at the High school and walk to
campus. (Many off campus parking spots are about a 6 minute walk from the
library.)

Choosing *not* to use the free parking on East Cotati Ave or Taco Bell or
off campus, means that you would need to pay for on campus parking. Prices
went up. They are probably around $2.50 or $3.00, so parking off campus is
much cheaper.

If the parking fee is an issue, we may be able to move this to a Saturday
(Library closes at 6:00pm) or a Sunday (Library closes at 9:00pm).

If a different date/time is desired at SSU, please let me know so I can
change the booking time. :-)

-ME