NBLUG mailing list setup

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Sat Dec 7 00:42:25 PST 2002

I'm working on converting our existing mailing list setup into something
easier to deal with than the current setup.  Easier to administer, easier
for users to control their own setup, etc.  (For those of you familiar with
it, I mean Mailman)  My apologies to anybody that accidentally got
subscribed and then quickly unsubscribed from the Board list; just delete
the messages.

Sometime soon (when we're ready) there'll be a message or two with the new
info; current members of the lists wouldn't have to do anything, but the
mechanisms for unsubscribing, subscribing, opting for digests, etc. would be
totally different.

Back when we first did the lists we saw the need to have announce and talk
separate; but with an average of a post every few days there was no need to
think about breaking up the talk list.  I couldn't help but notice that we
now have a much higher amount of traffic and that it seems to slowly climb.

So, what do people think of dividing talk into two lists?  What would the
lists be?  talk and talk-tech?  talk and talk-newbie?  talk-tech,
talk-newbie and talk-general?

Is traffic on talk currently an issue for anybody?  Is there anybody out
there who wants to see some of the talk traffic but doesn't want to see
other parts of it?
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life