NBLUG mailing list setup

Shorter Rankin nitehawk999 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 8 23:09:04 PST 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:42:25 -0800, Eric Eisenhart wrote:

>I'm working on converting our existing mailing list setup into something
>easier to deal with than the current setup.
[SNIP]

>So, what do people think of dividing talk into two lists?  What would the
>lists be?  talk and talk-tech?  talk and talk-newbie?  talk-tech,
>talk-newbie and talk-general?

I'd like a safe place to ask newbie tech questions.
Example: I'm trying to get online with a TP600 which
has an ACP Winmodem. I have the latest Linux
driver from IBM. When I try to install I get numerous
error messages so no joy. Running RH 8.

It seems to me that Linux talk groups tend to be
divided into *very* newbie talk which I don't
need and advanced tech which is over my head.

Just one lurker's opinion.

Thanks,
Shorter