eff party

error error at sonic.net
Tue Dec 10 16:35:56 PST 2002

* EFF Hosts Housewarming Holiday Party! WHEN: Tuesday, December 10th,
2002, at 7:00 PM WHERE: Electronic Frontier Foundation 454 Shotwell
Street SF 94110

No, we're not moving! But we are expanding to include the space next
door. It is now the newest addition to EFF Headquarters. Come celebrate
our new digs and the spirit of the holiday season with us. We'll have
great food, beer, musical madness from the Funkmonsters, and the latest
news on EFF from the ever-compelling John Perry Barlow and Shari Steele.

This event is free and open to the general public. The Electronic
Frontier Foundation (http://www.eff.org) is the leading civil liberties
organization working to protect rights in the digital world. For more
information, please see EFF's website.

An RSVP is appreciated. Please contact: katina at eff.org * Let us know
you're coming so we don't run out of food and holiday libations.

*** UPDATE: PGP Key-Signing Session at EFF Holiday Party! *** In
response to popular demand, EFF will host a PGP key-signing session
during the housewarming party. If you are a PGP user, you can help
expand the web of trust by signing others' keys and getting others to
sign your key.

In order to participate, you will need to have a PGP key. Additionally,
you MUST SEND YOUR PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK _IN ADVANCE_ to the keysigning
coordinator, Seth Schoen. If you do not send your key block beforehand,
you will not be able to collect others' signatures. (Your key block is
generated when you "export" your public key, and it begins with

Additionally, you must bring a paper copy of your own key fingerprint,
and you should bring identifying information sufficient to convince
other attendees of your identity.

If you have never attended a PGP keysigning event, you can see
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html for general
information on what a keysigning is and how to participate.

Note that EFF will facilitate the keysigning but will not itself sign
any keys. Instead, you will collect signatures from fellow attendees.
Send your key block to schoen at eff.org BEFORE the party!

EFF also sends you this: ~ Paranoia Chic ~ Hilarious video on TIA from
Mark Fiore. http://www.markfiore.com/animation/tia.html

--
error <error at sonic.net>