Linux/40 GB IDE disk?

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Feb 7 11:54:22 PST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:50:43AM -0800, Christopher Wagner wrote:
} The newer versions of fdisk support large drives..  It may be possible to
} use a newer version of fdisk in the 5.2 install.  Try using a new version of
} fdisk from another (smaller) IDE drive to partition the disk instead of the
} stock copy that comes with the 5.2 installation.  I think the 5.2
} installation will support large drives.

You might try the RedHat 6.2 fdisk (which is in rpm util-linux-2.10f-7).
I know that it works with disks of 20GB and I know that RedHat 7 rpms
won't work on 5.2.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com