Digital Video on Linux?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Fri Feb 15 20:05:31 PST 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:33:35PM -0800, Andrew wrote:
> Hope it's not too late to mention this:
>
> I saw that TUCOWS has a download link for an old version of
> Broadcast 2000. If you dig around, you could probably find a
> newer version somewhere else. A great thing about free
> redistributable software is that once it has been released, it's
> pretty much impossible to get rid of it. (Can you say deCSS? I
> knew you could!)

The LJ article that someone mentioned here (Feb. 2002) says that Linux Media
Arts (LMA) plans continued development of Broadcast 2000 as both free and
commercial products, with perhaps a SourceForge download.  The president of
LMA, Mike Collins, says to contact him directly about downloading it.

The contact page for linuxmediaarts.com doesn't have his email address, but
perhaps a polite msg. to their listed address will get you somewhere.

That article is a good read, BTW.  Thank God it wasn't written by that
tiresome "chef" guy.

-ta