Mandrake??

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Tue Jan 22 08:48:52 PST 2002

All full Linux distributions (and most compact installations) come with the
same core set of utilities.  Some distributions occasionally provide extra
utilities for certain applications, some distros provide a wider variety of
user-level applications (like word processors/spreadsheets/etc).  Some
distributions place their runlevel configurations in different places on the
filesystem.

But really, for the most part, the Linux distros are fairly identical.

Unix and Linux distributions vary much more widely, the /proc filesystem is
very different (if there is one at all, most Unix platforms have  /proc,
though), many configuration files for system utilities and servers, and
logs, are placed in very different locations.

Hope this helps,

- Christopher Wagner