DSL and Linux questions...

Doug Palmer dpalmer at mahinetworks.com
Wed Jan 30 19:38:47 PST 2002

I use Linux and M$ with PacBell DSL. The trick is to get a firewall that
looks like windows to them. Then you can do anything you want and support
won't label you as a problem account.

I use the SMC Barricade, it has a ton of good features, but there are other
choices that are just as good.

Sure, you could bring up a new machine to use as a firewall, but I find that
the dedicated hardware is a big economy. Less power consumption, less office
space, less purchase cost, etc.

Doug