modem

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Wed Jul 10 16:44:45 PDT 2002

People have their brand preferences, but really when it comes down to it,
any external modem or hardware internal modem will do.

Many internal modems nowadays don't even say "Winmodem" on the box now, even
though they are.  If you choose to go internal, the modem will EXPLICITLY
state that it supports Linux/Unix/DOS, etc..

The safer bet is to go with an external modem.  3Com, Zoom, Zyxel, etc. have
the more reliable hardware from my experience.  (We're using a Zyxel ADSL
bridge at my company and it's been pretty good)

Although, why not go DSL?  Too far out from the CO, or too much money for
your usage?

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116