Debain mouse problem

Andrew argonaut at softhome.net
Sat Jul 13 00:15:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 20:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Street <jet at sonic.net> wrote:

> sw_cursor instead of SWcursor
>
> You may want to remove the additional option and Clock.

"man neomagic" shows SWCursor, but I think I used sw_cursor to
solve a cursor problem with the Trident chip in one of my
machines (currently down, so I can't check).

The "overideValidateMode" option (if you really need it) may be
misspelled. See
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/neomagic/2001-October/000669.html
for another spelling.

As for the Clocks line, you're on your own. Most newer chips
don't need it, though.

If you still can't get things working, you may want to give XFree
4.2.0 a try. Branden (Robinson) has finally put up some
preliminary packages (source and "sid" binaries) on his site. See
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2002/24/  I'm still having some
problems with my Trident chip (not related to the cursor), so as
soon as I get that box talking to my gateway, I'll be looking at
hours of downloading fun!

Good luck!

A.