RPM apt

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Jul 20 19:14:57 PDT 2002

I have been messing with apt for RPM and have a trouble or two with
packages that have missing dependencies.  For example squirrelmail depends
on sendmail... but the server runs qmail.  When I run apt it complains and
tells me to install sendmail to meet the dep.  I have been through the
config files and man page to find out how to make it ignore the dep for
sendmail.

One of those RPM override things with sendmail... If a package complains
install it anyway... we have a sendmail wrapper....

Can you do this with apt-get?