RedHat 7.3 and a missing X server

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 20:50:02 PDT 2002

I upgraded my main computer from Red Hat Linux 7.2 to 7.3 yesterday, and
since then, I have felt like punching the computer at least 3 separate times
(something I haven't felt since I used Windows 95 on a daily basis).

My most serious problem is that there does not appear to be an X server for
an ATI Rage 128 video card in the new version.  When I ran Xconfigurator, it
reported the following information after running the PCI probe:

PCI Entry     : ATI|Rage 128 RF/SG AGP
X server      : None
XFree86 driver: r128	                  (default)

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?