gphoto2 alternative or fix?

Mark K. Kim markslist at cbreak.org
Mon Jun 10 22:26:10 PDT 2002

Odd...

My Zio Smart Media USB card reader (came free with my Olympus D360Z)
works great.  Just plug it in and it gets recognized by any 2.4.x kernel.

But a little less costing solution: What does /var/log/messages say when
you plug in the digital camera to the computer?  Some USB connections on
digital cameras are recognized as regular storage devices (like card
readers), so it may be getting mounted automatically or something, thus
the permission problem.  If that's the case, just copy the files over from
the mounted partition.  If not, /var/log/messages may still give some idea
as to what's going on.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim