Linux Quicken equivalent?

hanksdc at plug.org hanksdc at plug.org
Thu Jun 20 09:01:51 PDT 2002

>From what I can see on the KMyMoney webpage, kmymoney looks to be much
more primitive than gnucash (support for transaction splits is lacking,
for example). I haven't used Kapital, so I can't comment there. The thing
I like about gnucash is that although it lacks some of the bells and
whistles and general user-friendliness that Quicken or Kapital might have,
it is based on a very solid financial engine, and teaches you about basic
accounting principles. With gnucash, I know exactly what's happening with
my money, inflows and outflows.

fwiw,

-- Dan