[Security Announce] MDKSA-2002:040 - openssh update (fwd)

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Jun 24 22:28:01 PDT 2002

You should perform your sshd upgrade and cnfig modification listed below
while you are physically at the box or else you risk not being able to
manually restart the sshd service.

Of course, after adding that line to your sshd_config for you copy of
openssh, you should stop and restart your sshd service.

THEN try to connect to your local machine with ssh. If you get errors like
I did on one box ("pipe" "socket" "no service" "disconnected"), make sure
you add yet another line to your sshd_config:

Compression no

Then restart your sshd service again to see if you can connect to it.

If you can, then you are all set. if you cant, perhaps your version of
openssh is not new enough. Try grabbing the lastest from openssh.org or
from your vendor.

-ME