Linux on an iMac?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 17:57:09 PST 2002

I should clarify what I mean by a "less drastic" solution.  I'm thinking
that if I can run Linux on an iMac, I could netboot it off of my new server,
just like I oculd netboot an NT workstation from the server.  Of course,
I'll need a separate installation for PPC-compiled binaries, but thanks to
Tom Rowe, I now have the capacity to do that.
I don't intend to erase the hard drives on the iMacs and put Linux on them.
If I did that, I'd be potentially creating a lot more problems than I'd be
solving.