(Re-)learning NFS

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Fri Mar 8 21:34:26 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 07:52:10PM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:
} I just discovered something odd that might have something to do with the NFS
} problems I'm having.  On my test client, I can easily ping any computer on
} my network at home, but if I try to go onto the Internet, nothing is
} accessible.  If I traceroute an Internet site, I don't even see my router
} (and if the router were malfunctioning, you wouldn't be reading this message
} right now).

Sounds like your gateway isn't set properly.  What's the output of "route -n"?

} Could this be in any way related to the NFS problem?

Not if NFS is all on your local subnet.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com