Firewalker reborn, Part 2: Really lean KDE?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:03:25 PST 2002

>From: ME <dugan at passwall.com>
>To: talk at nblug.org
>Subject: Re: Firewalker reborn, Part 2: Really lean KDE?
>Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:40:14 -0800 (PST)
>
>In addition to this, you would probably want to mount it with uid0, gid0
>and make sure the files are rw root, buut disallow r and w by anyone else
>just in case of accidents. Also, locate your swap file before starting.

I have a Windows NT4 workstation with a swap file at C:\PAGEFILE.SYS and I
would expect the NT workstations at RCHS to be the same.

>One last things, the docs say it only works with NT4 and earlier
>versions. (Just read this now.) I would test it on a w2k station that can
>be rebuilt before using it in production.

Don't worry about that.  All of these workstations run Windows NT4.  There
are workstations that run Win2K, but they depend on a server with a Win2K
server that has much better uptime.  I won't concern myself with the Win2K
systems until I have to.