SPAM from me (useful) Re: I'm curious about Revolution OS (fwd)

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Mon May 27 23:25:36 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:02:40PM -0700, ME wrote:
> OK. This is SPAM to you, as it is unsolicited, and is on a commercial
> topic, but one that I *think* at least a few of you would want to know
> (OpenSource) and that is related to Linux etc.
>
> http://www.revolution-os.com/

<snip>

LUGOD's (well, at least >I< am) planning to purchase the DVD version of
this for inclusion in our library ( http://www.lugod.org/library/ ),
and probably for display during one of our meetings.

I've also looked into whether it'd be possible to get this played at a
local arthouse.  The Varsity Theatre in Davis sounds like a suitable place.
The fellow I spoke to with briefly said that the typical price to rent the
theatre for a day is $400.  You can also rent hourly, and non-profits
(LUGOD's a 501(c)(7)) get a discount.  We also get most of the ticket
sales.

I'm not sure how many NBLUG'ers would be willing to come out this way
to watch it in a theatre, but it sounds like you will be able to get
it for yourself (DVD or VHS) and play it at a meeting.

-bill!
Rambling... sorry.