Need help installing linux on an HP laptop

John Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 8 17:25:35 PST 2002

Christopher,
Thanks for your message.  I was able to get the configuration windows
both from the Xterm window, and the Gnome program window.

Where I'm confused now is about what IP address I put in.  I have a
"D-Link" router that uses DHCP for the protocol rather than static
addresses that I could assign for each of the 4 computers connected to
it.  I think the address of the router is 192.168.0.1 but I do not have
a domain name for it, and I don't know where to put the DNS values for
earthlink, or if I have to at all.

I think my IRQ for the linux on the HP laptop is 11 and don't know where
that goes.  Also the NIC address of Oxf000 goes somewhere as well.

Maybe if I could see some screen shots of the various windows on
somebody's website, it would get clear.

Thanks again from the command-line challenged.

John