Place at the meeting

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Sun Nov 10 17:39:33 PST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:15:55AM -0800, John Kohler wrote:
> Can I reserve a spot at the meeting next wednesday?  I'd like to hear
> the talk, and then get up to thank all those folks at NBLUG who have
> helped me with linux on my hp laptop.

Sorry, no reservations for meetings; earlier you show up, the better your
odds of getting a seat.

Normally at meetings there's a chance for other announcements, especially if
somebody's given me a hint in email that they'd like to announce something.

> I understand that the meeting may be crowded since publicity has gone
> out on CNET.

I have *no* idea how crowded Tuesday's meeting will be.  I figure it could
be anywhere from half our usual turnout (because it's on the wrong night) to
over twice our previous record turnout (Tim O'Reilly), so that's fifteen to
one hundred twenty.

If we're lucky, we can seat 50 in that room; if we get too full it might be
standing room only or we might have people standing around outside staring
in through the windows.  Also, we'll probably be able to go into the
kitchen, too, which is similarly sized.

And, of course, Augie's GPG presentation the night before will give you a
less crowded venue for an announcement.

> Is there a map to the new location of O'Reilly Publishing?

http://nblug.org/directions.cgi
http://ora.com/oreilly/seb_directions.html

hmmm...  none of those are maps, I suppose...  They've got the address and
there's always mapquest.
Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^               IRC: Freiheit at freenode
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244