ze4101 issues with linux

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sat Nov 16 15:39:16 PST 2002

This is the issue I wrote about before with the PCMCIA-CS. It is possible
that we may have an installfest in Jan or Feb. If this problem persists,
and you are willing to wait, and I am at the installfest, I would be
willing to work through thi with you.

To "fix" support for the other HP that crashed when pcmcia-cs started, I
needed to build a custom kernel, and specify resources for the pcmcia-cs
to probe/use on startup.

It may require installation of windows to check for some resources if
lspci does not provide specific enough data and the HP whitepapers/specs
are not descrptive enough.

Once we have the resources used by the pcmcia-cs on your laptop known, we
may be able to get it  to work better.

Also, I assume youhave consulted the linux laptop homepage to see if
anyone has your same model with solutions...

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

-ME