present efforts on my HP laptop

John Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 16 21:38:54 PST 2002

I am not sure who it was who asked me what the response to this command
would be:

netstat -r

I did try the command, as root level operator, and got the following:

Destination  Gateway  Genmask           Flags  MSS  Window  irtt   iface
192.168.0.0     *            255.255.255.0      U      40      0
   0      eth0
127.0.0.0        *             255.0.0.0               U      40     0
          0      lo
default            *             0.0.0.0                   UG   40     0
           0       eth0

Right upon starting this command the first 2 come right up.  The default
one takes about 30 seconds to appear.  Which is strange, I think.

Once again this is with the static setting of the eth0 configuration.
 DHCP doesn't work on the laptop at all.  It doesn't even establish contact.

Strangely, at this point the router is not configured for static, nor is
the other computer on the router, an iMac.

John