Zaurus feedback

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Nov 26 23:54:22 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:26:57PM -0800, Andrew wrote:
> Have any of you current Zaurus owners ever found the SL-5500
> lacking in any way? If I bought one now, might I soon find myself
> wishing that I had waited for the new model, which will have
> twice the speed, memory, and battery life of the SL-5500?

I'm not too familiar with this, but I thought I heard that the
400MHz XScale isn't _actually_ much faster than a 206MHz StrongArm.
It's just more efficient.  Or something.  I could be blowing smoke. Sorry ;)

As for memory, you can always get an SD card, and put your filesystem
there, thus giving yourself 64MB of RAM for running programs.
(I think OpenZaurus will let you do this; the stock Sharp ROMs don't,
unfortunately.)

-bill!