Samba printing question...

Paul Stagnoli chesslover at softcom.net
Fri Oct 4 19:14:06 PDT 2002

Greetings!

I built a file and printer server for my home network using Debian 3.0 and
samba. The printer is configured correctly, I think...

# HP 842C Inkjet

hp842c | lp:
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:
    :mx#0:
    :lp=/dev/lp0:
    :ifhp=model=gs_cdj550
    :filter=/usr/lib/ifhp/ifhp:

However, when I send a print job from a Windoze box to the samba print
server, I get garbage.  I think it is font related, but I am not sure.

I tried installing the msttcorefont package to fix the problem, but to no
avail.

The server is not running X Windows (486/66 and 36k RAM).

Can someone point me in the right direction? If you need more information,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul