Red Hat 8.0 CD problem

Chris White Chris.White at corel.com
Mon Oct 7 11:42:56 PDT 2002

Greetings!

Has anyone out there who's installed Red Hat 8.0 tried to play an audio
CD on it?  I've got 8.0 up and running, and I can access the CD-ROM
drive when a data CD is inserted, but when I try to play an audio CD I
get a bunch of error messages in the system log about not being able to
seek on the drive (I don't have the exact messges, because I'm at work,
the box is at home, and it isn't turned on right now), and the CD player
just sits there looking dumb.  I tried this with a Firewire CD-RW drive
and got the same errors.  Just wondered if anyone else has had this
problem, or if it's just my system?

Thanx!

--Chris
Christopher White