Weired help request

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Wed Oct 30 08:46:45 PST 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 08:39:56AM -0800, Murry Shohat wrote:
> How can LIL- come up when the drive has been reformated under NTSF? And,
> how can I get out of this endless loop?

The "proper" thing to have done is to "uninstall" lilo with "lilo -u".  Lilo
keeps a copy of the original boot sector around just in case just such a
thing comes up.

Or from a DOS or W32 boot (floppy?) do "fdisk /mbr".

> Thanks in advance for help, and raspberries for the teasing.

Even *better*, of course, would be a nice fresh Linux install (RH8?) with no
Windows around at all.  :-p
Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^               IRC: Freiheit at freenode
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244