schools &/or municipalities using linux

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu Sep 5 08:36:41 PDT 2002

Hello and welcome to the NBLUG list. :-)

You are probably looking for K-12 site, but FWIW, SSU is using Linux in
many places. We employ Linux as an OS for many of our server. Also, our
library hosts diskless netbooting Linux workstations for patrons to
perform browsing in remote locations of our library. (Lower risk of theft
with few peripherals to steal.) Our Computer Science department offers at
least one lab with Dual booting linux workstations, and many CS classes
incorporate use of the gcc and g++ compilers in Linux-land as well as
require users to use linux for turning in homework.

We have another user in our group (Lincoln Peters) who has worked at a
local High School to bring linux to the teachers in the classrooms. he may
be reading and will possibly explain more about what he is doing.

Again, welcome to NBLUG, feel free to stay as long as you like. We enjoy
having new members. :-)

-ME