[NBLUG/talk] slashdotting

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Fri Apr 18 12:29:00 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:19:25PM -0700, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> In addition to the great ideas already presented, I'd suggest on the
> server end (if it's apache, for instance, and you can change these things)
> to tweak your server settings for greater performance.  Others on here
> might have better tips along these lines, but things such as having more
> services waiting in the wings for connections will help.

Good point.

Specifically: set the "MaxServers" in apache to be exactly what your RAM can
handle without swapping.  Increase how many that is by shutting down any
other services that you can.  A teensy spare bit of RAM so that the kernel
can actually cache the files in question wouldn't hurt any, either.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Vice-President Pro Tempore