[NBLUG/talk] Linux Telephony - Asterisk PBX - GnoPhone

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Apr 19 23:47:00 PDT 2003

Well, I sucessfully installed my new Digium telephony cards and Asterisk PBX
server on my office RH7.3 Linux box to make sure I could do it before I had
to do it ; ).  I didn't have a problem with linphone and SIP on my LAN, I
could change codecs to see which one worked best.  gsm codec doesn't sound
too bad, I recorded some greetings over the phone through Asterisk into gsm
and they sound pretty damn good.  We shall see how Asterisk handles IAX and
SIP over the net.  I have been pricing the Cisco ATA186 phones too.

This is fun!!!!

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer