[NBLUG/talk] denying specific hosts via bastille-based firewall?

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Mon Apr 21 13:31:02 PDT 2003

>  >
>>  i use DROP as the default in my firewall rules because it limits the
>>  likelihood of someone just stumbling across me. your needs are probably
>  > different though.

Thanks.  My needs are pretty straightforward:  where I see
obnoxious requests on my web server that keep happening, I
want to DROP them from my machine.  I'm thinking it's
easier to punt them from the firewall, as opposed to
letting the request get as far as Apache...

I just don't want to break the Bastille config in the
process of doing so. (in other words, I don't want
to do something stupid, and have to drive all the
way to Santa Rosa to get back into my machine)

Debian:
Linux bucky 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown

Daniel

--
Daniel L. Smith - Sonoma County, CA - AIM: SonomaDaniel
JavaJoint.com   - daniel.org        - ThereAndThen.org