[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Apr 21 22:11:01 PDT 2003

I liked sonic when I had my own dsl. They were good for being the
"middleman" with PacBell. They were more aggressive in getting things done
with PacBell than any ordinary user. I hear they also allow for nationwide
dialup, but dont know how that works.

Another mutual friend used sonic, and he found that Sonic made dealing
with PacBell/getting a solution possible. After much work, his throughput
went to 1.4Mbps from a 400kbps. PacBell said there was nothing that could
be done, but after he spoke with Sonic about the problems and how things
should work, sonic picked up the ball and after doing some custom work,
pushed his speed to the present 1.4Mbps

Sonic had a deal (maybe not) for students from SRJC to permit onl signing
up for 3 months ahead and then month to month after that.

-ME