[NBLUG/talk] Hellppp

Jim Bianchi jimbo at sonic.net
Sat Apr 26 21:10:04 PDT 2003

	I have a Dell Celeron (i686) running RH 7.1 (kernel 2.4.18). I
have only a dial-up internet connect (with sonic.net), which limits my
dloading of, say, RH 9.0. I'm not really interested in upgrading anyway,
as too many things in my system would need to be re-done; and since I
can't abide KDE or Gnome, this means headaches getting things sorted out.
However, I am not averse to installing a later kernel, if necessary.

 	My system has a USB port on the mobo, and my digital camera (Sony
DSC 505) also has a USB port for transfer of the jpeg images. I *think*
the needed USB port drivers have been compiled into my kernel by someone
else, but am not sure.

	What I want is to be able to mount the camera as a USB filesystem
and cp the images to another dir so they can be viewed/edited/emailed. Of
course, I'm clueless when it comes to this kinda stuff, so I need a Linux
guru to come to my home and set it up/get it working for me. Crating the
system up and taking it to an installfest is not an option. I live in
Rincon Valley (a phone call away from Domino's). Plus I'll prob stuff
some dollars into your pocket. .

--
jimbo at sonic.net       Jim Bianchi   Santa Rosa   California

        Eclectic Garbanzo BBS ** (707) 539-1279 ** 28.8kbps

	Remember Flight 93 -- "Let's roll!"