[NBLUG/talk] X11, Xinerama, and Kernel Updates -dual monitorsand redhat

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Aug 18 13:43:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:09:06PM -0700, Dave Rohling wrote:
} Ok, I changed the driver to nv from my Nvidia driver I downloaded, and it
} works. I need to start the entire OS, without X to install Nvidia's driver.
} How can I do that? When I kill X it restarts now. And if I do Linux 3 in
} Lilo it doesn't load everything that I need, apparently.

Boot as normal (run level 5).  <cntr><alt>F1 to get to a console.
Log in as root.  Type "init 3" to stop X.

Booting to init 3 should have worked, but try this way.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com