[NBLUG/talk] Boot virus in Debian 3.0r1?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:38:01 PDT 2003

I just tried to switch from RedHat 9 to Debian 3.0r1, and when I rebooted, I
got a BIOS warning that indicates that a boot virus in on my hard disk!
However, it gives no indication of what kind of virus I'm dealing with, and
for all I know, it might just think that there is a virus because I
re-installed LILO!

Has anyone else experienced such a thing when installing Debian?  Any ideas
of what to do?

Lincoln