[NBLUG/talk] Why NBLUG talk list is so great...

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon Dec 1 14:44:00 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:15:37PM -0800, ME wrote:
> Hello list members,
>
> This list is great not only because we have great members, but because the
> members follow-up their posts with the solutions they find.
>
> Thanks to Steve and Dave for taking the time to post solutions to their
> troubles (apache with trailing "/" issue and pcmcia with amtel card)
>
> When other people use google to find solutions to the same problems, they
> may find your threads and also find your solutions. In this way your posts
> are true assets to support the OpenSource and Linux community.
>
> Very Nice!
>
> Thanks to everyone else who also does this... peer support is a good
> thing. :-)
>
> -ME

<blush>
gosh.  you're welcome.
</blush>

...I wish I had done it for every question I've had.  I posted my
solution because, frankly, there's nothing more frustrating than
googling a problem and finding *exactly* the same question/problem
that either never got answered (as in:  "View Thread (1 article)" in
google groups), or else the thread ends in the ether somewhere, after
the initial poster found an answer elsewhere.

Not only that (& apropos to dustin's post earlier today), but I came
across my own (earlier) pathetic cries from the wilderness via the
NBLUG mailing list on google, so I know other people will find these threads.

It's hard to make it a habit, when we are all so busy, but for me,
linux (and the internet generally) is *all about documentation*.

-dave.