[NBLUG/talk] rpm question

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Tue Dec 2 17:33:00 PST 2003

I am running Fedora with Apache and php.  Unfortunately, php does not
include the Interbase library.  To correct this, I downloaded the
lastest php (php-4.3.4.tar) and did the following:

./configure --with-interbase=/opt/interbase --with-apxs2

This works fine, but I have a concern that the above compiled version
may not have the libraries that are part of the Fedora version.

Is there any way to check what will be included before I do the make and
install?

And will this effect my up2date process since the version of php will
not be the same as the one currently installed and on the list of
installed rpm.  Some time ago I really messed up my RH when I installed
Ximian - up2date would not work.

Todd