[NBLUG/talk] rpm question

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Dec 3 10:48:00 PST 2003

Hmmm, I see libgd.so in my install is provided by

[jet at bonez jet]$ locate libgd.so
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgd.so
[jet at bonez jet]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libgd.so
gd-devel-2.0.15-1

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 10:41, Todd Cary wrote:
> When I do the install, I get the following error:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>     libgds.so is needed by php-4.3.3-6
>
> The configure in the spec file has the directive
>
> --with-gd
>
> Also, the libgds.so is present and the make executed without errors.

What make?????  The rpmbuild command that I gave should have done all of the
configuration and make for you.  All you had to do was edit the php.spec
file.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer